So, as of last Thursday, I officially turned 21! I threw a small bonfire with the best of friends, ate the yummiest of foods (seriously, my dad’s burgers and carrot cake are heavenly), and listened to the loudest of music. This is how birthdays should be. Not about gifts or getting things, but about experiences. About standing around a bonfire playing the most intense game of musical chairs ever with Red Hot Chili Peppers playing in the background. Those are the kind of things that make life exciting. Now that I’m 21, life seems to be moving 100 miles an hour, and I feel as if I’ll never accomplish all the things I dream of doing. I don’t want to wait another year to have another wonderful experience of some sort. So, I’ve created a list of 21 things I want to do in the next year to keep this excitement going.
1. Talk to more strangers
2. Go to a concert (preferably Stain’d or Seether)
3. Get a massage
4. Be more determined to go after what I want (relationships, jobs, etc.)
5. Along with #4, don’t be afraid to be told no
6. Play piano more
7. Go out to eat by myself
8. Visit another country (Scotland is the top of my list!)
9. Invest in a luxury handbag, accessory, makeup, etc.
10. Stop being so afraid to be social
11. Hang up more photos (I have this fear of permanently putting a hole in my wall)
12. Experiment in the kitchen
13. Read more
14. Learn to relax more
15. Have a pamper evening once a month
16. Create more digital prints on the blog
17. Bake something sweet just because
18. Go to a club with some girlfriends
19. Reach 100 followers on Bloglovin’
20. Grow a tulip garden! (I’m seriously a grandma at heart)
21. Try a new food once a month
And that’s it! Thanks for reading! Also, thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday and to everyone who came out to celebrate with me!